Wednesday, January 19, 2011

No Parking


This morning I woke up, got ready for work, and walked out to the parking lot to get into my car to drive to work...the only problem was my car wasn't there. I thought carefully through the night before, trying to remember where else I parked it...and then I spotted the sign. No parking, tow away zone. Well if that isn't my favorite way to start the day, I don't know what is.

I called the company and yes...my car had been towed. So...I decided I would experience taking the bus and metro to work today and see how it went (I live in DC...I have to experience the metro). I boarded a bus, which took me to the metro...then when trying to buy a metro ticket for about $3, I accidentally bought 2, $9 full day passes...idiot. Then I boarded the metro and got to work about 30 minutes late...and I decided that when I can avoid it, I would rather drive.

Well as my friends often know me, I always try to stay positive and get the most out of every experience...so here are some things I learned:
-DON'T park in the parking lot across from my apartments
-Thank goodness for public transportation
-But...I think I'd rather drive to work next time...thank goodness for my car
-And...a 28 hour drive each way is totally worth it to have my own car and therefore my own freedom...thank-you bro for driving with me...and thank-you mom/dad for the birthday present.

2 comments:

  1. ha ha so great and so sorry dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! That happened to Blake and I...within our own complex. Towing is a lame game. I hope you got your car back and that it didn't cost more than $300 :s

    ReplyDelete