Tuesday, September 6, 2011

the new place...pros & cons

I'm finally moved in and living in Provo! Neato. Here are some pics of mine and becca's first few days living in our cute little home (until Lala moves in)

First, we have a garden in the backyard. It looks like a mangled mess since it was clearly never weeded, but regardless it still produced some yummy tomatoes and anaheim peppers. Me and becs decided to make homemade salsa with our fresh ingredients from the garden. I do not lie...this was seriously the best salsa I have ever tasted in my entire life...truly it was. Store bought salsa will never be the same. It was so flavorful and every bite I was dumb-founded how delicious it was. I'm going to be talking about this salsa for the rest of my life. I'm going to tell my grand kids about it...that is how incredible it was.


Isn't it beautiful?

Saturday night we made some yummy cookies. These were really tasty...but didn't come close to being as fabulous as the salsa.


Sunday was fast Sunday, so after church we decided to make some fajitas to go along with the salsa. Needless to say...these were simply marvelous (compliments of the rich, luscious flavor of the salsa).


Me and becs also went long boarding around our neighborhood a couple times, which was quite pleasant.

Overall the weekend was fabulous in our new house. However...

Our landlord told us that they would clean the carpets when they moved out so that we didn't have to worry about it. Well since our house still had a little bit of a smell, and we were hesitant to walk on the carpet barefoot cause it just felt dirty...me and Becs were a little skeptical whether they actually did clean them or not. So I emailed the landlord and asked her and she replied and told me they did.

Well...still being skeptics, we decided to clean them ourselves anyway. Here is a picture of the first bucket of water after cleaning just a small 3 by 5 foot section:



Cleaned the carpets?? Ha...I don't think so! Gross! So we spent about two days deep cleaning the carpets and going over them repeatedly. The water never ended up clear (unfortunately)...but it looks and smells a billion times better, and at least now I feel good about walking barefoot in my house.

Special thanks to my mom and dad for helping me move...and thanks to my mom for coming and helping us clean the nasty carpets. Much love!

2 comments:

  1. nasty nast carpets. I want some salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some cookies! And i want to come play at your place :) and i want a garden. Too many wants? I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete